Wireless Penetration Testing & Security Audit Services
The Threat: Wireless Security Risks
How do you answer these questions?
- Is your sensitive information leaking into your car park?
- Does wireless provide a back-door to your corporate network?
- Do your mobile and home users have insecure wireless connections?
- Can your wireless encryption be cracked?
- Could someone hijack your wireless network?
The Solution: A Wireless Network (WLAN) Security Audit & Penetration Test
Wireless Penetration Testing Methodology
Our wireless penetration testing & audit services are conducted by skilled professionals
using the latest tools, best practice and our own proprietary testing techniques. We:
- Identify access points and their location, locate any rogue devices and access physical security.
- Capture traffic to obtain further information about the wireless networks in use and the nature of devices
operating at the time of testing.
- Attempt to intercept data transmissions. Where we find WEP encryption in use, we use tools such as AirSnort to
crack the encryption. Where WPA or WPA2 (IEEE 802.11i) is in use, we will investigate the method of mutual
authentication in use (e.g. Radius), the type of encryption and methods of key distribution and use relevant
attack methods in order to attempt to circumvent these controls.
- Attempt to obtain access to the Internet (using your gateway) and access other machines on both the wireless and
- Examine security of access points connected to the wired corporate network, identify running services and associated
- We can also undertake war driving and wireless audits in the vicinity of a remote worker's home (with their knowledge) in order to
review the opportunity for information leakage. We can provide assistance to ensure the remote worker's network devices are
configured with due regard for security.
- The test process is creative and the tester will conduct tests appropriate to the environment and client organisation.
At First Base Technologies we pride ourselves in being with you every step of the way in securing your wireless infrastructure from attack.
You can read our FAQ on penetration testing and vulnerability analysis here
See what our clients say about us here
+44 (0)1273 45 45 25